What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC Free?!

bronze_assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When apple announced that the new software was introducing pc free, I was very excited. But all I can see that is pc free is the sync to keep it up to date with iTunes. And transfer of purchases.

But where is the option to get my photos from my computer without having to connect the cable. Or download my ripped cd's or DVD's without connecting the iPhone up. Seeing as I had massive collection before I even got iTunes I didn't want to have to purchase all this again digitally. Although I know iTunes match would solve the music issue. But what about the DVDs I've ripped into iTunes?

Not very pc free of you ask me

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get a copy of AVPlayer HD for you iPad and you can transfer your movies wirelessly.

Turn on the icloud and photostream and your photos will transfer to your computer and to your ipad from your iphone, wirelessly.

Your iPad can be backed up to your iTunes wirelessly. Purchases can be transfered to your computer's iTunes without connecting up your iPad.

You don't really need to physically connect your iPad to your computer, though this is typically faster than wireless transfer.

You can back up your iPad to the cloud, too, wirelessly.

Perhaps you might do some googling.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Op there is a bit of a contradiction in your post in that you want to use the stuff on your PC but you are ripping into apple for not allowing you to use the iPad without a PC.

Other than that, same as the post above.

Most reactions

Latest posts