What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parse Error

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First :

- Now everytime i open up this forum i get notification saying "PARSE ERROR" : The Remote Server sent am unknown response. this could be result of the forum software plug being outdated ... etc ..

Came with buttons to choose : OK or Report

Choosing any of the button will bring me in to the forum .. but i cannot enter the subscription tab ..

Anybody else experiencing this ? .. Do i need to upgrade the apps ?? .. but i do not receive any advise to do so from app store

Second :

- My apology if i post this in the wrong room / topic .. If moderator needs to remove this and move it to the appropriate room pls advise me through "Pm" .. Since i cant access my subscription, i will not know where to look for this thread ..

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, the parse error is an ongoing thing with the iPF app and the ForumRunner app.
It works for some people and doesn't work for others.

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What i done to clear it was to log into the full version of the site.. Go into subscriptions and delete them all. Worked for me

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
meaning.. ?? .. i still cannot access the subscribe tab, even if i press the OK or report button luckily i still can enter this forum ..

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@iloyd : the full site meaning thru the browser ?

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks .. will do so .. it's jut so annoying tht notification pop up each time i log in ..

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@nammi, sorry you are having problems. I sent a message to the admin who handles the technical issues.

Mike

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks, mike .. hope it will get resolve ..

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iLloyd said:
What i done to clear it was to log into the full version of the site.. Go into subscriptions and delete them all. Worked for me

tried doing this .. too much of going thru layer of pages and click .. much much simpler thru the app .. and now i cant access it still ..

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
haha .. after i posted the above thread now i cannot enter this "hacking" discussion room again through the app .. Clicking either OK or Report on the Parse Error banner failed to bring me in ... just blank screen ... but i could enter other room discussion ...Clicking subscription from other room discussion and all i got a loading rotary wheel circling endlessly .. but no parse error banner ..

Tried deleting the app and reinstall .. Still the same problem ..

Back to the 'old' lap top as the saying goes ... :(

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
nammi said:
First :

- Now everytime i open up this forum i get notification saying "PARSE ERROR" : The Remote Server sent am unknown response. this could be result of the forum software plug being outdated ... etc ..

Came with buttons to choose : OK or Report

Choosing any of the button will bring me in to the forum .. but i cannot enter the subscription tab ..

Anybody else experiencing this ? .. Do i need to upgrade the apps ?? .. but i do not receive any advise to do so from app store

Second :

- My apology if i post this in the wrong room / topic .. If moderator needs to remove this and move it to the appropriate room pls advise me through "Pm" .. Since i cant access my subscription, i will not know where to look for this thread ..

I delete the app and redownload from the app store. A pain but only way I know how to remedy...

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

veraderock

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was able to find a problem with the app that would produce parse errors. Could you guys try it again and let me know if you're still getting the parse error message?

OP
nammi

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to find a problem with the app that would produce parse errors. Could you guys try it again and let me know if you're still getting the parse error message?

still having the problem .. could not access my subscription tab .. and the funny thing i could not enter this parse error thread cause of "the parse error" ... but i could enter other thread

have tried deleting and reinstalled the app the problem persist

Most reactions

Latest posts