What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parse Error

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a known problem with the app and the developers are working on an update.

It happens because special characters have been used in a post title or description which is making the app crash because it cannot handle them effectively. These would be things such as symbols, emoji characters, etc.

We are trying to edit them out whenever we see them.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So in the Off Topic Forum, one of the ones I can't open now, will it be accessible to me again at some point?

Yes, but you can always use a browser to view them right now, either on the iPad or the PC. It's only the App which is the problem...

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As I said, it's nothing to do with a specific area. It's to do with what someone has put in a post...

scotland66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still getting a parse error when trying to get into general discussions, since yesterday now. Maybe one of the mods can check on it.
Many thanks
Nick

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
It's a known problem with the app and the developers are working on an update.

It happens because special characters have been used in a post title or description which is making the app crash because it cannot handle them effectively. These would be things such as symbols, emoji characters, etc.

We are trying to edit them out whenever we see them.

Yes, I used an ellipsis last week in the body section and it caused parsing errors. I'm only using ACSII printable characters now. Hopefully, the forum developers could write a routine to just ignore characters the software cannot parse.

"Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker." -Linus van Pelt

Most reactions

Latest posts