What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pages wont email documents

Ipadkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

Having a new problem with pages. It won't email documents sent as word. I tried it as a PDF and it attached ok.

I am using gmail as my default and never had an issue before, in both cases (word and PDF) it goes to my outbox and I need to resend it. As I say the PDF attaches ok and but the word document disappears.

It works fine on my iPhone. Any clues?

I also had to recently add an exchange account on my iPad to get a shared google calendar on, may this be an issue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two things.

One, the usual fixes (listed below) try any of them that you haven't already.

Two, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; in the Mail section make sure your Google account is set to the default. This is the account that other apps use when you send email (though you can change it in the From field before you tap Send).

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. This will remove it from RAM and insure a clean start the next time you launch the app.

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

OP
I

Ipadkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Done all of that and still the same, no idea what is going on.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can try deleting and re-adding the email accounts (or just turning them off, and back on). That's the only other thing I can think of at the moment.

Also, have you tried different documents? Just to be sure it isn't just one doc that is causing the problem.

OP
I

Ipadkev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had an exchange account set up to look at a shared google calendar, I deleted this and it works ok but when I tried to install the exchange again I got the same problem.

Will have to see if there is another way to get the shared calendar on the iPad.

Cheers for your tips though, appreciate it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That is just plain weird.

Try going into the Advanced settings of your default account. When you tap on the smtp server it should show you the primary server , and some others (from your other email accounts). Make sure the primary is correct, then try turning off any secondaries ( or on if they were off).

image-3809889121.png

catupnorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had this problem too, and it was due to the fact that I had signed up for Google's secondary verification security code. I had not yet created a device specific password for my iPad, and so I wasn't able to email pages docs until I did that set up. Now it works like a charm.

Most reactions

Latest posts