What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Fellow iPadders ... I Have A Problem With Mail & Documents to Go ...

glasshock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello to all.....my first real post here and pleased to see so many of you helping each other out!

I have a problem myself and maybe you can help.
I needed a storage and editing solution. I currently use iDisc syncing with Goodreader....
For my editing I've chosen Documents to Go. It seems ok, if not a little 'confused and dated' but it syncs with the iDisc and the editing is good.
What I'm struggling with is that if I want to open an email attachment, it does not appear in the listings (Open in) when selecting the attached documents.
Pages, goodreader, iFiles all appear but Doc to go does not...
This means I have no way of transferring the document to D2G if using the iPad only.
I have searched and haven't been able to find anyone with a similar issue..
Can anyone help??

Thank you in advance...

:)

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem with opening the file by docs2go. Just a thought though, have you added your e-mail account under "online files" tab of docs2go? You can add several of your e-mail accounts in docs2go also, and dowload all attachments there directly. I hope I explained it well. :)

epontell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Open In menus appear to contain a maximum of 10 entries, and (to the best of my knowledge) there is no way of affecting what shows up there if you have more than 10 apps registered for a specific data format. They only solution I could find is to simply uninstall applications in the Open In menu until the one you want starts appearing...

OP
G

glasshock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem with opening the file by docs2go. Just a thought though, have you added your e-mail account under "online files" tab of docs2go? You can add several of your e-mail accounts in docs2go also, and dowload all attachments there directly. I hope I explained it well. :)

Thanks for the advice... much appreciated but when I go to "online files" it only shows 'cloud' servers' such as mobile me... google docs etc.

Not really sure how to proceed there. :(

OP
G

glasshock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that Open In menus appear to contain a maximum of 10 entries, and (to the best of my knowledge) there is no way of affecting what shows up there if you have more than 10 apps registered for a specific data format. They only solution I could find is to simply uninstall applications in the Open In menu until the one you want starts appearing...

Thanks Epontell....

when I open the "open in" ....it only list the 4 applications that i have that are applicable to opening documents... good reader etc....
So .....I'm stumped really, seems strange.
I will try a full system restore and let you all know.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks Epontell....

when I open the "open in" ....it only list the 4 applications that i have that are applicable to opening documents... good reader etc....

this is a good idea. have you sync your ipad since you got docs2go?

OP
G

glasshock

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks Epontell....

this is a good idea. have you sync your ipad since you got docs2go?

Many times yes....but never restored.
Reset from the iPad didn't work so I backed up and carried out a full system restore via iTunes ..... all working now and very pleased. :D
Thank you both for your help!! ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts