What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Owners...what are you using to clean the smears?

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep those very worn out T shirts for cleaning the smudges, they been washed so many times they are lint free. Just cut them up in nice neat squares and nobody will know you're a cheapo.:D

OP
I

Isaac Newton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm certain there are many of us that find the round smears of oils/finger spots annoying when we turn off the iPad...what works best for you, to remove them easily?

I've been using a small micro-fiber cloth: about 3x3 in size.
I don't have an iPad yet and I'm curious. Does one have to press that hard on the touch screen as to leave finger prints?:confused:

It's actually not pressure caused...just contact based. Imagine rubbing your finger tips very softly against the lens of your glasses...a film of oil (all be it natural) will leave a haze on the smooth glass surface.

The same thing occurs with the iPad. Not a design flaw, just the politics of dancing I guess :D

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use a regular sized mircofiber cleaning cloth for keeping the screen clean ..just a few pass with it before i use it and a few pass with it after iam done and it ready to be put into the stowage case for travel ..

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I keep those very worn out T shirts for cleaning the smudges, they been washed so many times they are lint free. Just cut them up in nice neat squares and nobody will know you're a cheapo.:D

Your iPad will know the difference.

Do a Wikipedia search for micro fiber and read the article. Look for the diagram of cotton vs micro fiber on the right hand side.

They are two completely different animals with micro fiber being light years better for cleaning an iPad.

DanaNgidhu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm certain there are many of us that find the round smears of oils/finger spots annoying when we turn off the iPad...what works best for you, to remove them easily?

I've been using a small micro-fiber cloth: about 3x3 in size.

I am using the hem of my cotton/knit nightgown!!! :D

Most reactions

Latest posts