What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Safari in iOS 11.0.1

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi guys, Iā€™m wondering if there is someone here who can furnish me with a solution to a really annoying problem thatā€™s been plaguing me over the last few days.
Iā€™m running iOS 11.0.1 on an iPad Air2 (128Gb), and when I try to open certain websites in Safari, they partially open, with the blue ā€˜load lineā€™ reaching around halfway, before stopping and failing to load with eventually the message ā€œThere was a problem loading this pageā€. The same websites load perfectly when using Chrome or Firefox with no problems.
Iā€™ve tried resetting the Safari cache, no better, Iā€™ve ā€˜hard resetā€™ the iPad, still no joy. I turned off ā€˜background app refreshā€, again no better, and Iā€™ve even closed all of the open apps, nada!.
After pulling out several chunks of what little hair I have left, and as a last resort, I turned off JavaScript in Safari. ā€˜Voilaā€™, all websites now work again in Safari!!!.
Turn on JavaScript again, and they all fail?.

One thing I have noticed is that the majority of the problem website are either forums or sites that require a login.

Has anyone any idea what I may have done to make JavaScript hate Safari so much?, and is there anything I can do to make them friends again?.

Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Things I would try.

Try turning off ā€˜Prevent Cross Site Trackingā€™.

You can also try ā€˜Clear History and Wegsite Dataā€™. Sometimes the stored data for a website can cause problems. Youā€™ll need to re-log into all the you sites that usually remember you.

OP
Aerofly

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm just downloading iOS 11.0.2 as we speak, not sure that will do anything though. When that's done I'll give your suggestions a try.

OP
Aerofly

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, Iā€™ve just downloaded iOS 11.0.2, and not changed any settings, and all is working as normal!!!!!
Of course I didnā€™t bother to look at what the update included, it must have changed something, any idea where that info would be?

Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Another user was having similar problems, so it could have been a bug. Doing an update tends to reset a lot of catches and otehr stuff too, so thatā€™s also a possibility. Either way, Iā€™m glad itā€™s working for you again.

Most reactions