What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overheating after ios 6 update

Navneet Nayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before it was not getting so hot.....but after I upgrade to iOS 6 iPad is getting overheat while surfing or any video recording...
I was not facing this issue in iOS 5. And battery also reducing faster than before.......
What to do please help me....!!!!!

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Check and see how many apps are open. Four finger up-slide or double click home button. Hold one of the apps until they start to wiggle. Then tap the upper left to close what you're not now using.
Sometimes a number of open apps can use more CPU and thus may generate some heat and more battery drain.

Hope this helps.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your iPad is not overheating unless the device shuts down and the specific overheating graphic is shown on the screen. In this scenario the device will not restart until the heat has been dissipated.

Simply detecting heat through the case is not a problem. iPads can become quite hot to the touch without any problems. If you think the device is getting hot without being used excessively, it could be an indication that a process is panicking. It is not unheard of for this to happen as the result of an update to IOS, probably due to an unusual or unexpected setting somewhere from your previous configuration.
In this scenario it is probably best to backup, perform a full restore in iTunes, then restore your backup again. Most times, members reporting similar problems have had it resolved by doing this.

Good luck.

OP
Navneet Nayak

Navneet Nayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
cruiser111 said:
Check and see how many apps are open. Four finger up-slide or double click home button. Hold one of the apps until they start to wiggle. Then tap the upper left to close what you're not now using.
Sometimes a number of open apps can use more CPU and thus may generate some heat and more battery drain.

Hope this helps.

I always close mY apps after using it.......
I think their is problem in iOs 6

OP
Navneet Nayak

Navneet Nayak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Your iPad is not overheating unless the device shuts down and the specific overheating graphic is shown on the screen. In this scenario the device will not restart until the heat has been dissipated.

Simply detecting heat through the case is not a problem. iPads can become quite hot to the touch without any problems. If you think the device is getting hot without being used excessively, it could be an indication that a process is panicking. It is not unheard of for this to happen as the result of an update to IOS, probably due to an unusual or unexpected setting somewhere from your previous configuration.
In this scenario it is probably best to backup, perform a full restore in iTunes, then restore your backup again. Most times, members reporting similar problems have had it resolved by doing this.

Good luck.

Okkkk
Let's see

Most reactions