What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Otterbox-Too Weighty for Ipad 1????

pacsl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Otterbox Defender for my iPad 1 and I love it. It comes with a stand that you can snap on to the screen when you´re done and a film to protect the screen. I just use a small shoulder strap bag to carry it around. Doesn´t really add much bulk or weight to it and it definitely will protect it from impact or scratches. You can get an Otterbox cheaper through eBay or maybe Amazon.

mantarkus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same here iPad 1 with Black Otterbox Defender. Great protection against bumps, drops, scratches and anything a toddler might throw at it. Two layers of protection plus a removable cover/stand. But this kind of protection does come with added weight, but then again your baby won't be carrying it around. I bought mine in amazon a few months ago for $20, but right now it's listed for $70. You might want to wait after X-mas to buy it cheaper.

David C.

yank30265

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got and iPad 1. Was looking at otter boxes but they r pretty high. I can get a discount on one but Is there a case that can protect as well as an otter box that is cheaper?

OP
B

bnell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE: To all who may be just viewing this post. My DG loves her ipad 1. Ultimately, I ended up buying the iballz harness which has worked out great. It's lightweight and provides drop protection for the back case and front screen. Plus my DG uses the elastic bands to carry it around and hold it in place. It's the only reason her ipad 1 still survives to this day :). Thanks for all the input.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts