What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Order 3G from Apple by June 6th

rickbear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered my iPad before the cutoff and had a lot of trouble after my iPad arrived on 6/21. The iPad only showed the new 2 options. When I called AT&T they said that they only offered the new plan and asked me where I read about the grandfathering, in essence denying it existed. I finally went through iPad support, then connected to AT&T and have put "notes" on my cell phone account to allow a manager override from an AT&T store. Will do that today.

muleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just opened mine today the 22nd, I ordered on the 5th,only 2 options. Called apple and they are basically tellin me, sorry we have no control of what are sales people told you and we have no control of at&t. Gee thanks apple.

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just opened mine today the 22nd, I ordered on the 5th,only 2 options. Called apple and they are basically tellin me, sorry we have no control of what are sales people told you and we have no control of at&t. Gee thanks apple.

Apple posted the grandfathering information on their webstore. I have a screenshot. This is becoming a cluster you-know-what. Taking all the joy of out getting the package.:(

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my screenshot:
There are two monthly data plans 250MB or 2GB. Customers who order Ipad from the Apple Online Store by June 6th will also qualify to purchase an unlimited monthly plan. There's no contract, and you can sign up and change your service right on your Ipad.

I'm betting that Apple will make this happen.

mrnoshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From my screenshot:
There are two monthly data plans 250MB or 2GB. Customers who order Ipad from the Apple Online Store by June 6th will also qualify to purchase an unlimited monthly plan. There's no contract, and you can sign up and change your service right on your Ipad.

I'm betting that Apple will make this happen.

I read exactly what Samurai did on Apple's site before I got my IPad delivered. But now the Apple website says:
What are the 3G data plan options from AT&T?
"There are two monthly data plans: 250MB or 2GB. There’s no contract, and you can sign up and change your service right on your iPad. In addition, AT&T data plans include unlimited access to over 20,000 Wi-Fi hotspots at locations including Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, and more."

Pitting customers between Apple and AT&T is horrible business.

muleman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent 8 hrs on phone and in AT&T store trying to get the unlimited plan since I purchased iPad on the 5th. Started with iPad support, a waste of time other then they spent about 1 hour on hold with me trying to get thru to at$t. I gave up and then called apple sales. Extremely helpful!!!!!!!!! We stayed on conference while I went to AT&T store.
They were worthless!!!!!!! They told me that I need to speak to apple, and they have no control over the data plans. It's all apple and iTunes. So I asked the mgr what you just supply the data but don't make any money from it? And I think he really believes that.
Well while waiting for at t to try to help, the apple tech called at t cuts serv and was told I was a day late, that the 21st was cutoff day. He asked for corporate ph number and they would not give it to him! He had to google it. He called it and actually got an intelligent person. He told us that yes they did cutoff the plan yesterday but they have a number to support the folks who bought before the 7th. He apologized for stores stupidity and connected me with this number and took mine and promise to call in 2hrs to check on me. The hold time was to be20 min. In the meantime I asked the apple person half kidding what they were gonna give me for going thru this crap! Amazingly he said a free iTouch!!!!! On top of that it will be overnighted!!!!!!! Very cool. Well at t guy and apple guy dropped off and left me to wait for at t support. Well 20 minute wait time turned into 2 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girl who finally came on was very nice and helpful.
She took some info, and told me that they will review and it should be changed in ten days but if I go over the 2g plan its not retro. Also make sure the card you use always has funds cause if it doesn't then you won't be able to get unlimited plan back! 8 hrs dealing with this cause of some stupid cutoff that isn't actually a cutoff. I will post Corp phone number to help bypass some crap. But I am dig gin iPad!

Most reactions

Latest posts