What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sign up for unlimited plan?

Bill*B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone who purchased an iPad prior to June 7th but got it after that date actually been able to get the unlimited plan? The iPad page on the web Apple Store says that you can, but when I called them and asked how, I was referred to Tech Support, where I was brushed off with the comment "Apple just sells the units, AT&T sells the plans". The tech rep called his supervisor who said I would have to provide AT&T with "proof of purchase" but that it would be "up to them" to honor the deal or not. If anyone who got their iPad after June 7 has actually been able to sign up for unlimited data, please tell me how you did it!

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Someone on the forum said that when you go into the Settings menu to sign up, you'll see 3 options instead of 2 - a $15 plan, a $25 plan, and a $30 unlimited plan.

OP
B

Bill*B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops! You're right - the option was there, I was just too ignorant to scroll the screen and find it. Many thanks!

zeny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe all the 3g ipads currently still have the $30 unlimited plan option, apple will stop giving it until a certain batch of ipads? Can anyone still sign up unlimited plan after they canceled it one time?

Nuketroop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I won't be testing it... ;)

I bought my ipad Thurs 11 jan and signed up that night. Unlimited was an option and is what I got.

Nice!

Most reactions

Latest posts