What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Options for attaching a file?

Pallie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I am using any app and want to attach a photo or file the only location option available that I see is Camera Roll or Photo Stream. Is there a way to access additional location options like Dropbox or iCloud or Google Drive? Does any file or photo I wish to attach have to be in Camera Roll or Photo Stream?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I am using any app and want to attach a photo or file the only location option available that I see is Camera Roll or Photo Stream. Is there a way to access additional location options like Dropbox or iCloud or Google Drive? Does any file or photo I wish to attach have to be in Camera Roll or Photo Stream?

I'm afraid the iPad is different from other computers - you can't go to a central repository to attach files. Other than photos, you'll have to be in the app that contains the file you wish to mail. Most apps do have the ability/function to make emails.

So, no, there is no way to attach files. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
Pallie

Pallie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Marilyn, that sucks! Major fault with IOS in my opinion but I will deal with it. My iPad was free anyway.

Most reactions

Latest posts