What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FileBrowser - any way to add "local locations" too?

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've noticed that FileBrowser doesn't display any photos (at least not Camera Roll), so I was wondering if there's any way to add local locations to its favorites or bookmarks (as you can add LAN computers)? If I go to any of the existing folders displayed for photos, all I get is a dialog box "Photos can contain location information so to enable photo access, go to the Settings app, Location Services and enable FileBrowser."
(I don't have location services enabled at the moment, and there is no FileBrowser listed in that settings section either.)

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Close file browser for the multitask bar and then enable location services in your settings, if file browser doesn't show up, start the app and tap on camera roll. It should ask for access this time, but of you get the same popup you got before, go back to location services in settings and it should be listed.

If you don't grant it access to your location it won't be able to access your pictures. It's a security feature (and I use the word security very loosely...)

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
More like "anti-security" feature maybe. :) Why on Earth would I need to enable location services just to browse or move photos... :eek: Oh well, guess I won't be using this particular feature then (I have superpowers -- I see empty shelves in a store if the prices aren't right, so I can do this :D ).

Most reactions

Latest posts