What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC to iPad video and jpeg

ros2012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought a simple cannon camera that saved files that would not open in my pc editor. So I thought I would transfer them all to iMovie via iTunes. It looked like it happened but alas I can't see them. However when I go to iMovie it tells me "location" is off in iMovie setting and I can't access any photos or videos whatsoever even the iPad collection. Yet my location is on as far as I can tell.HELP please - I am not a Mac fan and this drives me nuts.

Adding - I just updated the iPad to ios6 and it will now let me access my camera roll again but no files came across with the iTunes sync.

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to iPad Forums. This is an online community where many members come together to discuss the iPad.
I would recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed
Apple iPad News
For your iPad FAQ, check this out.
iPad FAQ
Looking for iPad reviews? They're all right here.
iPad Reviews
For more off topic stuff:
Off-Topic
The rules-please read!
Forum Rules, Help and Info

Thanks for joining,
Goofy

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For your iMovie problem:

image-50175593.jpg

image-728885067.jpg

image-2915053025.jpg

image-1541489825.jpg

Photos edited using Skitch for iPad-I hate the new version of the app, in case you're wondering!!!
Sent from my iPad using iPF

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ros2012 said:
Bought a simple cannon camera that saved files that would not open in my pc editor. So I thought I would transfer them all to iMovie via iTunes. It looked like it happened but alas I can't see them. However when I go to iMovie it tells me "location" is off in iMovie setting and I can't access any photos or videos whatsoever even the iPad collection. Yet my location is on as far as I can tell.HELP please - I am not a Mac fan and this drives me nuts.

Adding - I just updated the iPad to ios6 and it will now let me access my camera roll again but no files came across with the iTunes sync.

Did you use the file transfer in the apps tab directly to iMovie, or are you syncing through the Photos tab?

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi ros2012.
Perhaps your files have gone into your "Video" iPad app?

Most reactions