What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opening PDF Packages ?

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how do you get the pdf on the ipad in the first place?

Pvanosta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As I hijacked the thread, I'll give my own answer, LOL

Loading ther goodreader app allows you to import the files in Itunes and then sync across to the Ipad.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could also download a free PDF reader app in iTunes.

PokerMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also try PDFReader Pro. It has built in http server so you can also access and upload your PDF files from anywhere on the internet or home network.

You can organize them in folders which adds some value.

bolinao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i bought goodreader and fast pdf,i ended up using fast pdf..i like it better..

broose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Goodreader is lovely and it does render PDFs but I can find no evidence that it can open PDF Packages. These are special PDFs used as containers for other documents, not necessarily PDFs themselves. I'm looking at one right now and Goodreader is showing me an Adobe message that indicates Goodreader is incapable of opening the package. (The same message is provided when trying to open the same PDF Package on a Blackberry and an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1.) If anyone has had verifiable luck with PDF Packages on an iPad we'd love to hear about it.

Sorry. I see now. Go into Manage Files. Select the PDF Package. Press PDF Portfolio. The Package will be unpackaged and its contents will populate a new folder named after the Package (without the .pdf suffix). :)

Last edited:

Most reactions