What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open PDF Attachments on my ipad

ipodangel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,

When I receive an email with a PDF attachment I can't open it. I am able to see the attachment and when a click on it the spinning icon comes up but nothing happens. If I press and hold the attachment I don't get a menu to open with other programs either. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you mail the file, make sure the extension is showing. For some reason I've had files without extensions show up in mail, Mail will list them as pdf attachments, but will not give me any open options.

Also, if the attachment is surrounded by a dotted line, it has not finished downloading. Tap on it and wait until it finishes downloading (surrounded by a solid line) before trying to do anything with it.

If that's not it, hit us with some more details and I'll try a few more guesses.

nurdin_fahim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipodangel said:
hi,

When I receive an email with a PDF attachment I can't open it. I am able to see the attachment and when a click on it the spinning icon comes up but nothing happens. If I press and hold the attachment I don't get a menu to open with other programs either. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks

Have you install PDF reader into your ipad..?
I think you should touch the file for more than 2sec, and then it will prompt menu "Open In"

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions