What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only "Youtube Mobile" on Ipad!?

miwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems, atleast for me, that the YouTube videos available on the Youtube app are only the ones available via the Mobile Youtube (m.youtube.com). This means that a whole lot of YouTube videos are not accessible on the iPad.

For example, try this Lady Gaga video:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVBsypHzF3U]YouTube - Lady Gaga - Telephone (Official Clean Version) ft. Beyoncé[/ame]

Please can more people give input into this matter?

If this is correct, it sucks. Why should I in my sofa browse YouTube, when I know I only get a restricted version of it...

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have much interest in it, but how does the preinstalled app work for you?

OP
M

miwi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had no problems at all with the youtube app at all (except it annoying me because of the "feature" mentioned above). Although, youtube videos inbedded on websites sometimes make safari crash.

eflyersteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Youtube is also using HTML5 which plays embedded in Safari. I get them embedded. You used to have to be signed into youtube and have chosen the option of HTML5 when available.

dj r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I get to the native YouTube on
my iPad

I need to links of my videos for sharing. I can't reach the reg YouTube.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I get to the native YouTube on
my iPad

I need to links of my videos for sharing. I can't reach the reg YouTube.

At the bottom of YouTube in safari it has a link for desktop mode which is regular mode.

Mreeves3514

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download ipad app called Photon. This lets you view flash videos ove their browser thus bypassing the flash restricted limitations of Apple products. Then visit YouTube website from within Photon and it will display option to view site in mobile or non-mobile view. Works exceptionally well. I think it was 5 bucks. Well worth it for my sake. Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts