What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OnLive Desktop Brings Windows 7 and Microsoft Office to the iPad

squarework

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded cloudon and it seems there servers need some help

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
You can actually open up an account without using any payment type, you just choose none when you get to billing details. I followed a tutorial on this thread I believe and I downloaded both onlive and cloudon with no problems

Yes certain countries do not need any type of credit, here Australia I opened my account without either a credit or iTunes card. I did help a member try to open a US account and they didn't have the None option, he had to have some form of credit, he ended up opening an Australian account. I have also tried and that option was not available. So did you open a US account without any type of credit?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Yes certain countries do not need any type of credit, here Australia I opened my account without either a credit or iTunes card. I did help a member try to open a US account and they didn't have the None option, he had to have some form of credit, he ended up opening an Australian account. I have also tried and that option was not available. So did you open a US account without any type of credit?

Yeah there's a certain way you have to do it to get the 'none' option, I read it on here. I believe you have to change the store to the US then sign up.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
addiosamigo said:
Yeah there's a certain way you have to do it to get the 'none' option, I read it on here. I believe you have to change the store to the US then sign up.

When I joined our App store here, my 3 daughters did the same, 3 of us got the none option and one daughter didn't. The only difference was our email accounts, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. Just curious about it all. I ended up getting a US iTunes card when in New York last October so that I can create a US account. Thanks!

Valkrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can actually open up an account without using any payment type, you just choose none when you get to billing details. I followed a tutorial on this thread I believe and I downloaded both onlive and cloudon with no problems
Thanks created an account and downloaded it just installing now :thumbs:

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
When I joined our App store here, my 3 daughters did the same, 3 of us got the none option and one daughter didn't. The only difference was our email accounts, so I'm wondering if this has something to do with it. Just curious about it all. I ended up getting a US iTunes card when in New York last October so that I can create a US account. Thanks!

This is the guide I used, worked just like it said it would. Had to make up a us postcode mind.

WilleyWinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score

WilleyWinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:

Hi
Are you able to help me to get the app that runs Microsoft Office (exell, word, etc).

Where do you start.

Good to see an Aussie Thread

Willey:)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WilleyWinter said:
Hi
Are you able to help me to get the app that runs Microsoft Office (exell, word, etc).

Where do you start.

So I take it you want to have an account with the US App store. You will need to create a new email address to use here, a gmail account is easy and doesn't signify a certain country. Now I have tried the way that addiosamigo has in that link but it didn't work for me, I didn't get the none option. You could try it though and see it it works for you if not you will have to purchase an US iTunes gift card on the net and as you only need the number on it, this can be emailed to you.
I'm pretty sure they ask for an address and I know some will quote an Apple store address there.
Have a look at this link and it will show you how. Let us know how you go.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WilleyWinter said:
Hi

Where do you start.

Open iTunes on computer. Go to itunes store. Sign out if already signed in. Go to the bottom of the page and change country to USA. You do this by clicking your country flag at bottom right and the select USA. You then have to select any free app AND DOWNLOAD IT. It may take several seconds to open the new store by the way. Just be patient. You will be asked for an Apple ID. Select creat be w account. Then select continue. Click and agree to the terms. Make up details on the next screen and then continue. Eventually you will be asked for credit card details. That is where you should choose NONE.

By the way, when you have downloaded the (paid) app you want, log out and re-select your own country store as above. Hope this helps.

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Can you create files on this or is it just to modify files from your computer created ones?

WilleyWinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will try your suggestion 1st. Thank you for the lead. I'll report back.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Husq250 said:
Can you create files on this or is it just to modify files from your computer created ones?

Yes, you can prepare new files and save them to the server from within the various MS program's offered by the app.

One point is that when logging in o you remote storage it can take several seconds (as much a 30 has been reported) although once logged in it is reasonably quick considering the program you are using actually running on a remote sever.

Don't let th pu you off.

dilbert3508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gtatler said:
Try setting up an American iTunes store account - the app is available there. This goes for anyone in the world.

How do I access my bookmarks on my iPad?

Most reactions