What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality 3D games coming to the iPad with OnLive

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
article-0-0F19B0C400000578-619_634x396.jpg

The iPhone has never been a stranger to games, and now a new Nielsen study just released some information about how much time smartphone enthusiasts spend playing games on their gadgets. It turns out the answer is 14.7 hours a month, which is quite a lot of time dedicated to games like Angry Birds and such.

And it turns out this is just the beginning of iPhone and Android gaming. Starting this week OnLive is going to bring high quality 3D games to tablets and smartphones with a special little app for iOS and Android. The service is not very different from the OnLive that streams your games to desktop computers or laptops. But to work on the iPhone, the company had to make sure they upgraded their service, so OnLive now works with Wi-Fi or 4G-connected mobile devices.

So what games will available for your pleasure, if you go ahead and decide to use the app? Well there’s a pretty interesting list to consider. We have Batman, Arkham City, Assasin’s Creed: Revelation and even Lord of the Rings: War in the North. And surprise! There are 2 free games on the app: L.A. Noire and Lego Batman. The app itself is free, but if you want to gain access to the 150 game library, of course you’ll have to pay a subscription fee of 6.99 pounds. If you just want to play a particular game and you’re confident you can finish it soon, there’s the option of renting a game for three days for only 3.99 pounds.

This new app will certainly add more revenue and even attract more users. Currently there are over 500 million mobile devices in the U.S. and U.K. alone that could benefit from this app. If you’re in the UK you won’t be able to use it unless you have Wi-Fi but in if you’re in the US, good news, as 4G mobiles will be able to use the application as well.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app in the app store...and after reading this I signed up and paid for the Playpack for $9.99...just to find out that they have not made it available for apple products yet. Guess I should have read more before I spent my money.

Most reactions