What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Poker App. Anyone know one?

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey peeps.

Have anyone found an poker app thats actually worth downloading?
Online play is a must. Im not looking for one that uses real money.

Thanks!
Alexander

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, they don't exist. Maybe there is some sort of legal reason after that whole debacle a few years ago. Anyhow, if there was one i would get it immediately but there isn't.

OP
A

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, they don't exist. Maybe there is some sort of legal reason after that whole debacle a few years ago. Anyhow, if there was one i would get it immediately but there isn't.

Just strange how you can find tons of poker apps on the iPhone.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paid poker apps like Party Poker etc? Or you just mean free poker? I don't play free poker because people play like idiots when they have no money at stake...all in with 2 7 off etc.

OP
A

AlexanderHC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paid poker apps like Party Poker etc? Or you just mean free poker? I don't play free poker because people play like idiots when they have no money at stake...all in with 2 7 off etc.

Well! Some people (me) like the casual play. Free poker apps are doing great on the iPhone, like Zynga's Live Poker ect.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Poker on iPad

I know that true poker clients for the large online sites such as PokerStars, FullTilt etc. are not allowed in the App Store - something that I hope changes to be honest.
That means the only way to use the iPad to play online poker at the moment is using a RAS such as Remote Desktop, VNC or similar.
My question is which set up works best? I have tried VNC but the server side updates to not auto refresh the screen so you need to manually refresh - not ideal for online poker. I also don't want a set up like LogMeIn that goes across the Internet - that will just slow down the connection and is pointless when the iPad and Laptop with the poker client are on the same home LAN.
Anyone got a good solution?

Venzent

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i use teamviewer for it, its free for personal use and works , it even lets u connectie remote, withouten knowing the ipaddress

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i use teamviewer for it, its free for personal use and works , it even lets u connectie remote, withouten knowing the ipaddress

Thanks but TeamViewer uses an Internet server to manage connections - it is NOT contained entirely in your home network. I'm looking for something that avoids this Scenario.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Splashtop works an absolute dream for this - the poker table for all the big sites that I have tried fills out perfectly on the iPad screen and the refresh rate is virtually real time. It also plays the sounds so you will get alerts when the action is on you - it is more or less perfect for playing online poker on the iPad while the client runs on your desktop/laptop.

pmagoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A poker app has finally been approved for the iPad and iPhone but you need to be living in the united kingdom or Austria. According to this United Kingdom mobile poker site Apple have allowed a Bwin poker app into their app store.

The good news is Bwin are about to merge with Party Poker, so a party poker iPhone app should also be made available shortly once the merger goes through in early 2011.

Last edited:

vinneybrowne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPoker network will be releasing their own iPad and iPhone compatible poker app that will allow real money poker games. It's going to be a web app rather than a native app because of Apple's restrictions on gambling apps.

The iPoker Network is home to some pretty well know poker rooms like Titan Poker, Mansion Poker and Bet365 so there should be plenty of options available to iPad owners very shortly.

vinneybrowne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I am aware the only real money poker apps for iPhones and iPads are the 2 listed on this poker page called Bwin Poker and Switch Poker.

Bwin is only available to Bwin players in the UK and Austria. It was the first iPhone app approved by apple and can be found in their Apple store.

Switch Poker is available everywhere except the united states but you won't find it in the iTunes app store. It's a web app that you play via the iPhones safari browser.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts