What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poker on iPad - Best Remote 3G PC App to play on Full Tilt?

Heineken77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Like the subject says, I know iTeleport and a few other remote desktop apps can allow you to play Full Tilt poker on the ipad by having the poker client run on your PC and control it via a remote connection on your iPad.

Can anyone give some recommendations on what the absolute best iPad app would be to accomplish this in terms of reliability, smooth controls/usability & the possibility of connecting to the PC either via WiFi or 3G. (Maybe the best app with 3G connection in terms of speed)

Thanks!!

Last edited:

Choza244

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't tried playing poker but I can suggest you to try LogMeIn, I have tried both iTeleport and LogMeIn and iTeleport is really slow, LogMeIn is much faster and smoother, the only problem is that it automatically deactivate the aero theme in windows 7, but that's not a big problem I think.

If you are going to try it you have to create an account in their web page and then download the app to your ipad (is a bit expensive by the way) and download another program to your pc, now you just have to log in to your account and it will connect you to your pc.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
OH! Forgot to add that right now EveryAir is only 5 bucks on the app store. However, some of the reviews are just idiotic. Just get it. Its worth it. Especially for a poker game that is run in a small browser window. :D

srich123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Teamviewer

Check out Teamviewer, free download and free app. I have been using it for years and it works great. Free for personal use too. Has plenty of speed even over 3G. Probably cant multi table but its good enough for one.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I got Splashtop exclusively to play poker clients on the iPad. It works superbly over Wifi with all sites although I normally stick to PokerStars and if you leave it at default settings and make your client full screen - it scales up nicely to almost fill the entire iPad screen. Refresh rates are very fast which is one of the biggest requirements for me so i don't miss any action and it also carries the audio so you will still get your audio cue when it is your turn to act - great if you are doing something else at the same time.
I haven't tried this over 3G.

pmagoo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It looks like using these remote apps might soon become a thing of the past following the release of the first real money iPhone poker app (Article - http://www.pokerroomcompare.com/iphonepoker/Bwin_Launch_First_Real_Money_iPhone_Poker_App_147.php ). The app is only available in the UK so far but it's only a matter of time before Bwin get a US poker app approved.

I think the fact that the Full Tilt poker app was released on Android must have put pressure on Apple to relax their stance on poker apps. Many poker player who were planning to swith to a Samsung or Android table might now hold off and wait to see if a cash game poker app will be approved for iPad users in the United States.

We might have to wait for online poker legistation to pass in the United states first so it still be take some time.

Last edited:

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yip, I read that and have been keeping a close eye on this. I know so many poker players who own an iPhone and I'm sure a large number of them have an ipad too or would invest in one for this reason.

vinneybrowne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPoker network which is home to Boyle Poker, Titan, Mansion and Bet365 will be releasing an iPhone and iPad compatible app shortly. These poker rooms do not accept players from the U.S. unfortunately : ( Come on Pokerstars and Full Tilt, give us an iPad app!!

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
vinneybrowne said:
The iPoker network which is home to Boyle Poker, Titan, Mansion and Bet365 will be releasing an iPhone and iPad compatible app shortly. These poker rooms do not accept players from the U.S. unfortunately : ( Come on Pokerstars and Full Tilt, give us an iPad app!!

+1 from me

Most reactions