What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On Jailbreaking iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rap_0228

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I own an iPad 2. It's about 3 months old, and my friends have been urging me to jailbreak it. I thought that doing so would be bad because it would get my warranty voided. Recently, my other friend asked me, "Is it worth it having a tablet?" Maybe it was not rethorical, but even so it got me thinking. "Is it worth it having an iPad?" I only play games and check the internet in my iPad, and that is still limited because it's only a WiFi iPad 2. Also, I only download free stuff and not buy legit apps.
I really wanted to have Keynote (link here) or Pages (link here), or basically, iWork. Will jailbreaking my iPad 2 get me these stuff?
I'm a computer animation hobbyist, so any software related to 3D modeling that can be placed in my iPad upon jailbreaking can encourage me further to actually jailbreak it.
Thank you and thank you! :D

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, welcome.

I think you will find your request for info. on free 'paid for' apps will quickly get your post edited by mods; they're not into encouraging piracy!

Lots of info. about jail breaking for legitimate reasons on this forum though so have a search around and see what you can find.

Maybe read the forum rules too, no doubt a mod. will whack them in this thread shortly!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi!
I own an iPad 2. It's about 3 months old, and my friends have been urging me to jailbreak it. I thought that doing so would be bad because it would get my warranty voided. Recently, my other friend asked me, "Is it worth it having a tablet?" Maybe it was not rethorical, but even so it got me thinking. "Is it worth it having an iPad?" I only play games and check the internet in my iPad, and that is still limited because it's only a WiFi iPad 2. Also, I only download free stuff and not buy legit apps.
I really wanted to have Keynote or Pages, or basically, iWork. Will jailbreaking my iPad 2 get me these stuff?
I'm a computer animation hobbyist, so any software related to 3D modeling that can be placed in my iPad upon jailbreaking can encourage me further to actually jailbreak it.
Thank you and thank you! :D

First, good forecast, Tim84! A moderator WILL show up and shut this pirate's thread down...

Rap - what you are asking about is piracy. You asking if jail breaking will allow you to steal apps that should be paid for. And, you also say you don't "buy legit apps." Seriously? You really thought these were valid questions/comments?

Jail breaking does not equal piracy. Let me repeat, jail breaking does NOT equal piracy. When you jail break your iPad, you are merely gaining access to the full system, which will allow you to have full control over your iPad. Piracy, while enabled by jail breaking, is a fancy name for theft, thieving and stealing.

Jail breaking will not allow you to get paid apps for free; that is what we consider piracy. This forum does not support or condone piracy, to include the discussion of it and any tools needed to commit piracy. Not only is piracy against our rules - it's illegal.

The only legal way to get the apps you mentioned is to visit the App Store and PAY for them, like any other honest person. And you don't need to be jail broken to purchase apps.

Don't be a pirate!

This thread is closed.

Marilyn
Moderator, iPadForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts