What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Older version of apps

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm curious ,. can you get the last or previous version of an app after upgrading
to what is supposed to be better. I have tried to do this with what I backed up
And saved on my desktop and downloaded to my I pad 2 . It seems that it is uploaded
briefly then kicks the older version out and the newer one that I hate and only wanted to
check out , is installed ..., Any tips or is this even possible? I wonder does the backup
have to be backed in iTunes ?? Thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm curious ,. can you get the last or previous version of an app after upgrading
to what is supposed to be better. I have tried to do this with what I backed up
And saved on my desktop and downloaded to my I pad 2 . It seems that it is uploaded
briefly then kicks the older version out and the newer one that I hate and only wanted to
check out , is installed ..., Any tips or is this even possible? I wonder does the backup
have to be backed in iTunes ?? Thanks
The only time it's possible to install an earlier version of an app is if your device can't be upgraded to an iOS version that supports the newer version. In that case, if you've previously purchased or downloaded the app, you'll get a pop up that asks if you want to install the latest compatible version. Except for this one instance, it's not possible to install an older version of the app.

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only time it's possible to install an earlier version of an app is if your device can't be upgraded to an iOS version that supports the newer version. In that case, if you've previously purchased or downloaded the app, you'll get a pop up that asks if you want to install the latest compatible version. Except for this one instance, it's not possible to install an older version of the app.

OP
A. GOODWIN

A. GOODWIN

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok ., thanks scifan , I saw somewhere the same that you said . Only I thought
This way was an alternative and apple supports this way , but also thought
Or misunderstood that another alternative could be used and it wasn't supported .
However , I thank you for the reply and I will adjust or not and Kik it to the curb !

Most reactions

Latest posts