What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

old ipad 2

scrapnana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brand new to this forum so apologies if this has been discussed before. When the ipad 3 goes on sale what becomes of the ipad 2 still in stock in the stores? Do they sell both or are the old ones discounted or what??

TIA

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Scrapnana, welcome aboard!

The ipad2 will still work, and will continue to be sold... Just like some places still have the ipad1. Just cheaper, probably.
I guess it's up to the store on what they stock... And up to Apple if they still supply.

@ndr3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would say yes. Apple's business model will probably include iPad 2 sales in its forecast for the coming years. This would be a perfect device for Schools, Universities & Businesses like the iPad 1 is at the moment. Also it's a model used to try and get everyone using apple devices. And once the consumer is hooked they tend to upgrade! IMO.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't believe they will keep the iPad 2 in the product line unless the iPad 3 starts at $599

There is no need for an entry level device at a lower price. They are selling all they can manufacture at the current pricing.

@ndr3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe they will keep the iPad 2 in the product line unless the iPad 3 starts at $599

There is no need for an entry level device at a lower price. They are selling all they can manufacture at the current pricing.

You could be right. I suppose it just depends on how much iPad 2 stock is still out there?

Also, I can't see the iPad 3 being a lot more expensive. I predict it may be 50 bucks more or the price will remain the same. Either way, I getting one!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now, the opinion is that there will be a continuation of the iPad 2 at a lower price, but with only 8 Gb of memory. This will be a wifi only model, but would have huge implications for schools and various business functions. It would also seal Apple's hold on the market. The only problem would be the loss of a production line that could be making the iPad 3. However, the retina displays seem to be the bottleneck for iPad 3 production.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Right now, the opinion is that there will be a continuation of the iPad 2 at a lower price, but with only 8 Gb of memory. This will be a wifi only model, but would have huge implications for schools and various business functions. It would also seal Apple's hold on the market. The only problem would be the loss of a production line that could be making the iPad 3. However, the retina displays seem to be the bottleneck for iPad 3 production.

Unlikely to drop to 8 gb. 16 is necessary.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Brand new to this forum so apologies if this has been discussed before. When the ipad 3 goes on sale what becomes of the ipad 2 still in stock in the stores? Do they sell both or are the old ones discounted or what??

TIA

Hello!

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain topics including: General Discussion of the iPad, iPad Operating System, iPad App Store, Accessories, and Ipad for Business and Education.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country. See here:Regional iPad Groups

If you have not already done so, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Also, iBooks has the iOS 5 user manual here, which is nice to have in your library, iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5 by Apple Inc.

How to post a new thread: http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Finally, please take the time to read the Forum Rules:
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts