What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsstand Issue on New iPad

Chicago_Buckeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I ran a search on the Forum to hopefully find a solution to the issue I'm having but found nothing. I apologize if it has been discussed before; if so, could someone please let me know where to find the topic?

For approximately 2 weeks now the Newsstand icon on my New iPad shows the number 1 like an update is available. I've individually opened each magazine and/or newspaper inside the Newsstand several times, made sure each one is updated, and still the Newsstand icon displays a 1 like there is an update available.

Is there a way to reset the Newsstand icon so it stops displaying that 1? I guess I could live with it but seeing it every time I open the iPad makes me think there's something that needs updating and I end up clicking on everything inside to see if that 1 goes away!

I would appreciate any help or suggestions!

Thanks

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this same issue with Newstand any a number of other apps. Frankly, I wish I could turn them all off because most of the time it is not at all clear what the number is referring to.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
I have this same issue with Newstand any a number of other apps. Frankly, I wish I could turn them all off because most of the time it is not at all clear what the number is referring to.

Is it not under settings / notifications / badges ?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks. That worked for a few...but not all the apps show up in the list and thus can't be handled this way. Don't know why this is, though.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying going into the app store and looking at updates. That may be your best bet.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have the same problem with my newsstand app.The 1 is there before,during and after any updates.Whatever its reason for being there,it has nothing to do with either updates or notification of new magazine issues.
This issue only appears on the newsstand app on my iPads and not on my iPhone.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 1 just disappeared from the app without me doing a thing.It's still on the app on my iPad 2,though.I did check all the magazines,it made no difference.

Most reactions

Latest posts