What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay, I jailbroke, and now what?

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm lost after jailbreaking by accident. What do you guys think I should get?

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations.

Now look in the Apps & Tweaks section, and particularly the sticky!

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm lost after jailbreaking by accident. What do you guys think I should get?

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

I would start with backgrounder, and a task manager of your choice. multifl0w is my favourite. there are loads of other things but I'd rank this the highest.

SBsettings is pretty cool too. Check the ultimate list of tweaks in the jailbreak apps section (it's a sticky).

Loving the fact that this jailbreak is so simple, people can "accidentally" jailbreak. ;)

OP
biobunny

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got some battery problem. The battery seems to charge very slowly. Any solutions?

Sent From my jailbroken interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
biobunny said:
I've got some battery problem. The battery seems to charge very slowly. Any solutions?

Mine always did...even on stock fw.

OP
biobunny

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My bad, I resprang too many times. it's charging right now.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KronicKaos said:
How does one "accidentally" JB? :confused:

It's the app store complex. You go to jailbreakme.com, you see the word free. AND YOU CLICK!

OP
biobunny

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KronicKaos said:
How does one "accidentally" JB? :confused:

I saw in the news "iPad 2 jailbreak" using jailbreakme.com and then I went to the website, clicked on install and thought "Let's see what's going to happen." Really, I'm not kidding.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I stumbled across a thread here yesterday that had a link to an article that listed the top five website recommendations for jailbroken downloads, but I'll be damned if I can find it again. Does anyone know what I mean and can point me to that post by any chance?

OP
biobunny

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any other website that's not jailbreakme.com and claims that they can jailbreak using their website, is lying. Unless you were referring to Cydia sources.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, these websites were just different package sources (I think that is the term they used?). Cydia was listed, of course, and it seems that there were some addresses that were "something.cydia.com" or something like that. But there were also two addresses that seemed unaffiliated with Cydia, but of course I don't remember what they were.

I'm new to Jailbreaking, obviously, so I'm just trying to find out how to find "alternative sources" for jailbreaking/jailbroken apps. Or is Cydia the JB version of iTunes and there is no other source?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The odds are pretty good that the post you saw were for sites that promote piracy and such. As a result, they'd have been automatically edited/deleted by a moderator cause piracy is not accepted at this forum.

The safest thing to do, as a new jailbreaker, is to use Cydia. Its owner, saurik, hosts it and other repositories feed into it. The official, sanctioned sites that saurik has auto-load on your iPad are ones that don't promote piracy. In essence, if it's a legal tweak, Cydia will have it.

Yes, there are other sites, but since it's such a hassle to find repos that carry legal stuff, I find it easier to stick with Cydia.

Marilyn

Jennamolls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, so my jailbreak went well, and apparently my iPad mini is now jailbroken. However, there is no "cydia" app. How do I get it???

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Okay, so my jailbreak went well, and apparently my iPad mini is now jailbroken. However, there is no "cydia" app. How do I get it???

A little more information would clarify the problem. Which iPad are you using. Which iOS is the device currently running. Which method of jailbreaking did you use.

Most reactions

Latest posts