What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with sound

kristine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new iPad2 owner and am having difficulty with sound for certain things. In General Settings I have volume all the way up and have selected "On" for all the options but don't hear sound for any of the things selected. Additionally, my iPad doesn't ring when I get incoming FaceTime calls.
I do have sound when placing FaceTime call and during call as well as videos and other apps.
Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your settings. It sounds as if you have the sound muted - either through the hardware switch on the side or via the software switch on the multitasking bar.

You control which action is done (mute or rotation lock) with the hardware switch via Settings. Then, the software part (where you swipe right in the multitasking bar) controls the opposite.

Let us know if that helps - or I just muddied the waters more...

Marilyn

OP
K

kristine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Check your settings. It sounds as if you have the sound muted - either through the hardware switch on the side or via the software switch on the multitasking bar.

You control which action is done (mute or rotation lock) with the hardware switch via Settings. Then, the software part (where you swipe right in the multitasking bar) controls the opposite.

Let us know if that helps - or I just muddied the waters more...

Marilyn

It works! Thank you!!!
I knew about the functions of the hardware switch but was not even aware of swiping the multitasking bar.

Most reactions

Latest posts