What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
wasee_shaikh said:
Hey anyone know why my flash player showing error after installing it from frash cydia ?

Frash does not work. It is a very old project which is no longer supported. There is no viable Flash solution for iPad other than the various proxy browsers which are available on the App Store.

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all! After having followed the numerous suggestions exposed here I succeeded to JB my iPad successfully. Now I am happily browsing among the Cydia repository looking for the assures it contains and, with my surprise, I continue to bump into iPhone/iPod applications. Even SBsettings seems to have been designed for those platforms. Is there a settings in the Cydia browser that allows to select the platform? Moreover I have seen that Cydia settings allow to add other App repositories. Is there any repository that you want to suggest?
Thanks for your support.
P.S. I finally have a terminal access to my iPad and I can browse all it's content with MidnightCommander (yes, I like the old times!).

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mbagni said:
Hi all! After having followed the numerous suggestions exposed here I succeeded to JB my iPad successfully. Now I am happily browsing among the Cydia repository looking for the assures it contains and, with my surprise, I continue to bump into iPhone/iPod applications. Even SBsettings seems to have been designed for those platforms. Is there a settings in the Cydia browser that allows to select the platform? Moreover I have seen that Cydia settings allow to add other App repositories. Is there any repository that you want to suggest?
Thanks for your support.
P.S. I finally have a terminal access to my iPad and I can browse all it's content with MidnightCommander (yes, I like the old times!).

Obviously "assures" was a liberty of the corrector. I meant treasures!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no separation in Cydia between iPad and iPhones tweaks. All you can do it read the descriptions very carefully to ensure you install something that will work on the iPad.

And yeah, since the iPhone was out long before the iPad, there are more iPhone than iPad tweaks.

But, check this thread for various tweaks and such that members of this forum have found to work well with the iPad: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Might safe you some search time and headaches.

Marilyn

EmilRonnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I use my saved SHSH 5.0.1 to anything? Can I downgrade my Ipad to it, if i upgrade it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At this point with iOS 5 you can not downgrade to a previous version of iOS 5 so if you are on 5.0.1 you cannot downgrade to 5.0 even if you have the shsh blobs. It has been mentioned that it is still a good habit to save the shsh blobs anyways just in case there is a breakthrough in the future and you are able to use them. This is the one fear with a jailbreak on 5.0.1, if you have any sort of glitch with your jailbroken device and have to restore for whatever reason and 5.0.1 in not the present firmware, you will lose your jailbreak and there is nothing that can be done about it unless the Dev's have released a jailbreak for the current firmware. So be careful with your device :)

jonathanjon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a few questions I need help on. I have never jailbroken my ipad and the only reason I want to is so I can tether my ipad 3G to my laptop. (If there's any other way of doing so without jailbreaking, let me know)

1) I am assuming that the jailbreaks only work with certain IOS versions as I read in the first post. I have 5.01 now. I guess for it to work, we also ahve to make sure that the OS isn't upgraded? How is that done?

2) If I backup everything, and one day something happens with the jailbreak, can I just restore everything to what it was before? Or if it's jailbroken once, it can't be undone? Would I ever lose my paid applications?

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
jonathanjon said:
1) I am assuming that the jailbreaks only work with certain IOS versions as I read in the first post. I have 5.01 now. I guess for it to work, we also ahve to make sure that the OS isn't upgraded? How is that done?
Currently the iPad 2 can only be jailbroken on either 4.3.3 using jailbreakme.com or 5.0.1 using Absinthe
Your on 5.0.1 so the only way for you to jailbreak is with Absinthe.
In order to stay jailbroken you can't upgrade to any new software versions apple release in future unless the devs release a jailbreak for it.

jonathanjon said:
2) If I backup everything, and one day something happens with the jailbreak, can I just restore everything to what it was before? Or if it's jailbroken once, it can't be undone? Would I ever lose my paid applications?
Very easy to restore iPad once jailbroken, if something does go wrong just plug in iTunes and restore as normal
Paid apps won't be lost and you can backup your iPad even as its jailbroken

Now it's time to set your iPad free and check this out while your at it:

http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Last edited:

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens and I attach the iPad2 (jailbreaked 5.01) to my iTunes on the PC after the Jailbreak. I installed things like WhatsPad and also Whatsapp. I read on other sites that some people have problems now with the syncing on iTunes (PC) after the Jailbreak. So i haven't done it since the Jailbreak.

Any infos on that ?
Thanks in advance. ;)

WOlfseye

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been syncing my 4S and iPad 2 fine since jailbreaking but I'm using my Mac

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What happens and I attach the iPad2 (jailbreaked 5.01) to my iTunes on the PC after the Jailbreak. I installed things like WhatsPad and also Whatsapp. I read on other sites that some people have problems now with the syncing on iTunes (PC) after the Jailbreak. So i haven't done it since the Jailbreak.

Any infos on that ?
Thanks in advance. ;)

WOlfseye

yup!!!! itunes SIMPLY DOES NOT ACCEPT WHATSAPP ON DA IPAD! every time i sync, it kicks da app OUT! i have installed it twice now!!

i hope their is a solution to it !

IPADfreak90

iPF Noob
Reaction score

NOPE u got tht wrong!!

whatspad ALLOWS YOU TO RUN WHATSAPP on ipad, which means ur whatsapp will function normally when their is WHATSPAD, BUT itunes will not sync your device, as a message will pop up stating tht u have to remove whatsapp TO SYNC UR DEVICE!

I HATE ITUNES!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions