What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MIKES3 said:
what am I doing wrong? Do I need to be at a certain place in the iPad

I have no idea why it just stops working. I'm about ready to break things

Do I need iTunes running?

All I did was restored and set it up as a new iPad. Then just click jailbreak thats it!

mkucuksari

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, as a new user, just want to get two confirmation please .

1- Can not remember where I read, but this jailbreak is only for Wifi models ? Or should I also use it at my iPad 2 wifi + 3G ?

2- Does windows version work without any problem at WIN 7 ??

Thanks for your answers and support, regards

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I followed these steps:

STEP 1: Download CLI Absinthe for Windows and Mac OS X from the link above.

STEP 2: Unzip the folder named cinject_0.4.3 into the system folder, i.e. C:\.

STEP 3: Now go to the start menu, click on run and type in cmd.exe.

STEP 4: In the command window, type: CD C:\cinject_0.4.3 as shown to get into the required folder.

STEP 5: You’ll now need to execute CLI. Do this by typing: cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig. Tap the install button that appears on your iPhone, there is no password for the VPN so just hit next.

STEP 6: Now type "cinject.exe -j payloads" then hit enter and wait for the backup. (If you get the FATAL(_LINE_) error, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content And Settings. When you're iPhone restarts, start as a new iPhone and repeat steps 1-6.)

STEP 7: Type "cinject.exe -w" then hit enter. After the first wave of text goes through on the command prompt, on your iPhone, go to Settings - General - Network - VPN and turn the VPN toggle from off to on, after a few moments there will be an error message and the phone will restart, when it starts again, you'll find cydia on the second page of apps.

Everything works, but the vpn never connects. When I restart, no Cydia.

Help

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Got it working!

I canceled the VPN connection, then turned Airplane Mode on, then off. Then, the Ipad rebooted and I have a Cydia icon on the 2nd screen!!

I tapped on it "preparing Filesystem." The the screen locked. Now Cydia wants to know if I am a user, hacker or developer.

I am off to an early dinner so I can enjoy my first Jailbreak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm doing a back up restore. Will see where that gets me. For some reason I have a feeling not very far. Easy things likes this are so difficult for me.

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the jailbreak isnt working on my iPad2

Why does windows keep saying the program stopped working and then it looks for solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions