What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oberon Design Wants Your Suggestions!

NeilShapiro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.joyofipad.com
I emailed the people at Oberon (Leather Journals, Kindle and Nook ereader covers with Tree of Life emblem) if they were going to make an iPad case. They make the most eye-catching, beautiful, tooled leather cases for the Kindle and other devices. Amy there wrote back to me that they have an iPad on order and hope to have some cases maybe in May. Meanwhile, she wrote to me, that as this iPad is much more than just an ebook reader maybe the case could be somehow made more special than just a generic case. She wondered if I had any suggestions as to what the case should be like. I am going to tell her about this Forum and maybe she'll stop by. But if not I will forward to her any suggestions in this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Neil, seem's you invite some of my competitor :D, Just a joke as my products are really different ...

in somehow AMY is right , a case for Ipad need to be different than one for Kindle, as we will do more with an Ipad so we will have different needing ...

Eeyore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Oberon case for my Kindle 2 and they make gorgeous leather products! Very detailed, leather is of great quality, and has that wonderful leather smell. One advantage is the tooled leather gives you a very good grip on the case so you don't drop your e-reader. Noreve also makes wonderful cases and I have one for the Kindle DX which I used for work. Unfortunately, the Noreve USA outlet went out of business and now you have to order online from France. Have to see what Oberon will come up with for the new Ipad.

All the best!

camilger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny that this one came right after Thomas’ Vaja post. I can’t wait to see what Vaja and Oberon come up with for the iPad!

Imspartacus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well if your going to get a case made special then the ability to dock with out removing it from the case is a MUST in my opinion. both wit hthe normal dock and the keyboard dock.

just a suggestion

indiaink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to receiving my Oberon case - definately need something of substance to counter the weight of the iPad. I found the weight of the case for my Kindle to be too much, but for the iPad -perfection.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a "Roof of Heaven" Oberon case for my iPad, and quality of the craftsmanship and design was well worth the cost. Remember: the price only hurts temporarily, but quality lasts forever.

Most reactions

Latest posts