What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSURLError Domain error -999

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this error message?

Not quite sure when it started, maybe about a week ago after updating installing something or other on my iPad2 (I think it was that "Killbackground" app or whatever it is called; it installs a little button in the multitasking pane to kill all programs that are running in the background -- highly recommended, btw). But I don't think that app is causing this error.

The error message comes up in a box titled "Failed to load - The operation couldn't be completed." right when I boot up the device and have not started any apps, yet, so I am not quite sure what the iPad is trying to load. Googling for the error message did not really explain anything to me, either (and the only related error emssage referred to error -1012).

Has anyone come across something like this before?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NSURL is a URL manipulation library used in apps. I've never seen anything error with this upon boot. If you remove that App, do you still get the error?
Best way to track that kind of stuff down is to remove or disable tweaks until you find the culprit.

OP
Ulrich

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, I think I found the culprit... I had installed the tweak that adds a browser window between your home page and the search page and set it to use Google as my homepage. Since I am on Google+, the page "moves" from www.google.com to some long string of letters/numbers to log me into my account. Looks like that is what is causing the error.

So I guess I have a choice between logging out of my Google account or using a different page as my homepage.

Most reactions