What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now You Can Have Microsoft Office on Your iPad Via CloudOn

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
cloudon.JPG

MacRumors has word today of a new, free iPad app called CloudOn, which comes from a new Silicon Valley startup company of the same name. The app is designed to enable you to use Microsoft Office on your iPad, which I know is something that a lot of people have been wanting. Basically, the app works as a way of connecting to the cloud-based app on CloudOn’s servers, so you have to have an internet connection to be able to use it. MacRumors has tried it and says that it is a “remarkably functional implementation of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.†You can even do things like use track changes when editing and reviewing Word documents. All services have file storage and syncing via Dropbox, and files can be opened directly via your iPad email account or Dropbox. MacRumors says that the only main snag that it has spotted is that due to some of the limitations of the iPad in comparison to a laptop or desktop, you can’t do certain things, such as put outside images in a document using the interface. Unfortunately for the rest of the world, you can currently only use CloudOn in the US. And also unfortunately, at the time of writing this, it would appear that the first release of access to CloudOn has sold out due to overwhelming demand, and the app seems to have been temporarily pulled from the App Store. Don’t despair though, as they say they will be up again shortly, so if you like what you see, click on the link below to be taken to a page where you can sign up to be part of the next release.

Click here to find out more and sign up for the next release: CloudOn Sign Up for non-US Visitors

Source: CloudOn Brings Free Cloud-Hosted Microsoft Office Functionality to iPad - Mac Rumors

gibrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I looked for this app and it wasn't available on app store. Then I read that I had been temporarily removed due to massive demand. Now I don't know whether the app is unavailable in my country or simply not available at all. I'm in Gibraltar. Anybody know what's going on with cloudon?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gibrick said:
I looked for this app and it wasn't available on app store. Then I read that I had been temporarily removed due to massive demand. Now I don't know whether the app is unavailable in my country or simply not available at all. I'm in Gibraltar. Anybody know what's going on with cloudon?

You get it yet?

gibrick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
You get it yet?

Yes but after seeing what was available I have removed it. I fail to see the real benefits jailbreaking. The way I see it, why break something that works great ?

drover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gibrick said:
Yes but after seeing what was available I have removed it. I fail to see the real benefits jailbreaking. The way I see it, why break something that works great ?

Great products do NOT need to be treated in this way. It ain't broke so why try to 'fix it?' If you like messing with things, carry on, but dangers lurk!

Most reactions

Latest posts