What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notion Ink Adam

chuckz28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bad as in a POS. FCC teardown shows some hand soldered shotty crap with wires all over the place.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
lol it's handmade by generations of craftsmen in our climate controlled workshop.

iPadPil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
From 100 tablets in CES 2011 one is off the cliff, 99 to go...

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Don't underestimate India. If they can put satellites into orbit they can do technology if need be.
If they sell enough they will probably source from Taiwan or China like everyone else.
Woz and Steve started in the same garage......

OP

666fff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Don't underestimate India. If they can put satellites into orbit they can do technology if need be.
If they sell enough they will probably source from Taiwan or China like everyone else.
Woz and Steve started in the same garage......

I'm not using notion ink as a reflection of India, I love India. I go every year. I just can't believe people actually bought this, the company isn't even honest. According to the director, blotches on the screen are normal. The matt glass screen turned out to be shiny so the pixel qi display can't even be used outside like e ink ones. The list goes on. Sad thing is, people will look at the price and buy it, when they could have saved up for something better...same with all these apads and viewsonics and archos tablets, they're all just to get a sale out of people, instead of to give them something that will be enjoyable.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh wasn't you 666fff :)
Must look you up in Photoshop........

Personally I'm not so much worried by the internals, as long as it works, but it falls down badly there too.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wasn't saying India isn't capable of producing good products. Just saying a small startup company in India is most likely going to have some issues.

Most reactions

Latest posts