What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning ink off smart cover?

J1GSAW K1LLER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to clean ink off the smart cover? I written on my hand and now the cover has smudged ink spots all over it. I have tried foam and soap but none of them work. Any ideas?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to clean ink off the smart cover? I written on my hand and now the cover has smudged ink spots all over it. I have tried foam and soap but none of them work. Any ideas?

Which Smart Cover do you have? If it's leather, then the marks may not be possible to remove without damaging the finish of the leather. I'm not sure about the polyurethane Smart Cover.

OP
J

J1GSAW K1LLER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tryed magic eraser and it didnt work. I guess its permanenet then. :(

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or you could get some paint and get creative? would be cheaper and who knows you may discover a talent!

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had good luck with using dish soap since it is geared towards loosening up oily and baked-on stuff. About once a month I wash my light blue polyurethane cover in the sink like dishes. I put about an inch of water with enough soap to get alot of suds. Then I scrub the front and back with a microfiber cloth.

I like this method because it removes ALL the built up oils on the soft side and removes any stains on the cover. I let it sit overnight and it looks completely brand new the next morning.

I started doing this because the soft part would get so grimy from my wife using it as a stand on kitchen counters when cooking that the cover itself was getting the screen smeared.

I've since bought her the Belkin Cooking Stand/Kit and we're both happier.

Most reactions

Latest posts