What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes on iPad, sync'd with Outlook

Cindym3004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I sync Notes from Outlook 7 to my iPad. However, the Notes on the iPad show many numbers as what appear to be hyperlinks (e.g., they are underlined and a different color). Examples are some (BUT NOT ALL) dates expressed as MM/YY, account numbers, etc. The problem is that when I try to select these "hyperlink" numbers to copy them, I can't do that. Instead, I see an option to either "create new contact" or "add to existing contact". Any suggestions to keep these numbers from being what appears to be hyperlinks?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad has the ability to auto detect what it thinks are addresses, dates and/or phone numbers. It will underline these so that you can easily enter them into your Contacts or Calendars.

It will also do this in the Mail app, giving you a chance to save those important dates and addresses without having to retype them.

As far as I know there is no way to turn this feature off, but it will not affect your ability to copy, paste, or otherwise use the notes. They will transfer to other apps or email as normal text.

OP
C

Cindym3004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, when I touch the colored/underlined text, it won't let me do anything except "create new contact" or "add to existing contact". But I just discovered that if I touch someplace else in the Note, the colored/underlined text becomes 'normal' text and then I can touch the text and copy it. I wanted to add this info in case someone else has the same problem I was having. Thanks for your help!

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
Cindym3004 said:
Actually, when I touch the colored/underlined text, it won't let me do anything except "create new contact" or "add to existing contact". But I just discovered that if I touch someplace else in the Note, the colored/underlined text becomes 'normal' text and then I can touch the text and copy it. I wanted to add this info in case someone else has the same problem I was having. Thanks for your help!

Good to know. In my case, I was just selecting another word and then dragged the selection on those hyperlinked words...

VicoPad addict!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

I never noticed that before, but you are right. Whenever there is an active cursor the text reverts to normal. Thanks for the tip.

I also forgot that it would not let you select it directly when underlined. I usually just tap and hold next to it, choose Select, and adjust the selection to what I want.

I'll excuse myself (like in my excuse for not doing my school homework) by noting (pun not really intended) that I rarely use the Notes app except when testing it or the keyboard. I much prefer Evernote.

Most reactions

Latest posts