What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad and Dropbox--hyperlinks

newt0nsbump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted the following on the Dropbox forum. Now I'm posting it and the reply here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! newt0nsbump

I have a file created in word saved in rtf format. There are some web sites therein which are hyperlinks. I uploaded to my dropbox and now many things are showing as hyperlinks that shouldn't be--like credit card numbers. When I access dropbox from my iPad, I have much difficulty copying these numbers because the iPad only wants to add it to an existing contact or create a new contact. Granted, this could be a problem with the iPad, but the credit card numbers show as hyperlinks in dropbox, so I'm starting here. Any help? Thanks!

Pat M.

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # EDIT
Vincent L.

That's the iPad trying to be helpful.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO #

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted the following on the Dropbox forum. Now I'm posting it and the reply here. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks! newt0nsbump

I have a file created in word saved in rtf format. There are some web sites therein which are hyperlinks. I uploaded to my dropbox and now many things are showing as hyperlinks that shouldn't be--like credit card numbers. When I access dropbox from my iPad, I have much difficulty copying these numbers because the iPad only wants to add it to an existing contact or create a new contact. Granted, this could be a problem with the iPad, but the credit card numbers show as hyperlinks in dropbox, so I'm starting here. Any help? Thanks!

Pat M.

POSTED 2 DAYS AGO # EDIT
Vincent L.

That's the iPad trying to be helpful.

POSTED 1 DAY AGO #

I am not sure what your problem is. But I save tons of files as PDFs to DropBox. You can make links in a PDF active if you want but that requires a Mac I believe as I do that from the Mac using PREVIEW.

DropBox does not mess with your files in any way.
It is just like saving your files to a computer except they are now assessable in the cloud from any computer.

TIP use the iPad version of DropBox to look at your files on DropBox and individual files can be emailed as DropBox links to your friends and associates. You don't have to share a whole folder with anyone if you do not want to.

Google on the other hand does in Google Documents.

Most reactions

Latest posts