What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notes Issue

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I can't find my original post. Is it possible to start the notes app with a clear page? Since a new update l get myself somewhat confused, if l wish to make a simple note with a pencil. Nothing else. Thanks for your help
BB

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great stuff thanks for your help, maybe you can help me further? How do l get the lettering to be not soooo
Bold a normal setting would be great like before.
TIA BB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The first line of text will be larger and bold if "New Notes Start With" is set to Title in Settings > Notes.

There is little else you can do. The Notes app does not have selectable fonts. You can type in bold, underline, and italic, but the text should be normal by default.

There are some global settings. The most likely to be turned on would be the Settings > Display & Brightness > Bold Text toggle. This makes text bolder throughout the user interface, in most of Apples first party apps, and in many third party apps. The Text Size option in the same area can have similar effects.

Those controls are duplicated in Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size, along with some other options. Again, these are global settings, not specific to Notes.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I after trying what you said l’m almost back to were l was before. The square with a cross is hell now.
Help please BB

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry I spelled it wrong. Originally l had lots of signs along the bottom and l wanted to start the page clear. Aleymi or l think that was the name told me to simply tap the square box top right hand corner with the pencil and the page would start clear.
Then l saw that the Headline was very bold and asked how to remove it. Being told l seem to have messed it all up.
Now it’s worse than than before. All the pencils/colours etc are back along the bottom. And the the square with the Diagonal pencil in the top right corner has FADED and doesn’t function anymore.
Help please BB

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IMG_0434.jpg

This is what my page looks like now. Sorry I could not include some details that were showing. The pencil is the corner is greyed and but options are still available.
Thanks for helping team BB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you first start a new note, the new note icon (page and pencil) will be grayed out until you add something to the note. As soon as you start typing or drawing, the icon should become active again. You should also see a Done option appear when editing the note.

I'm not sure why the pen tools are showing at the bottom. They should only show up when you choose the pen tool (pen tip in a circle).

Most reactions