What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not rotating??

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Installed io7 this morning and all seems ok but words with friends will not rotate, I removed it and reinstalled it but still will not rotate. All other programs rotate though.

opticat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, same thing here, and it stays full screen. I am sure a fix will emerge soon.

OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also my wallpaper is way to big for the screen now!

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
These issues are not really problems with the iOS7 operating system. It's how your old apps are not formatted to sync correctly with iOS7. I'm sure if you were to look on your apps specs, it would let you know what the specific operating system is able to be supported with that specific application. Support will be coming soon enough for the popular apps, such as, WORDS With FRIENDS, etc. The developers must wait till they can get their hands on the iOS system themselves to be able to correctly manipulate the ever so changing world of Apps and Operating systems. Hang tight like all Manufacturers, they will have to go through trial and error periods (otherwise known as "Versions"). Luckily for everyone companies are becoming faster and faster at this process.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Vett

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just send me an update now it rotates

LoveRem36

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed io7 this morning and all seems ok but words with friends will not rotate, I removed it and reinstalled it but still will not rotate. All other programs rotate though.
I hate the updates for that reason, all my apps have gone to longwise full page, I like Landscape style. Every game and app is supposed to turn when I turn my iPad. Also this new version requires me to put in a pass code every single time I open my iPad, one more thing to remember. I don't at all like this new version.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I hate the updates for that reason, all my apps have gone to longwise full page, I like Landscape style. Every game and app is supposed to turn when I turn my iPad. Also this new version requires me to put in a pass code every single time I open my iPad, one more thing to remember. I don't at all like this new version.
If you dislike the passcode lock, disable it in Settings - General - Passcode Lock. Tap it, turn it off, enter the passcode once more, and you're done!
The iPad also still is supposed to be used in portrait as well as landscape mode.

Most reactions