What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not quite sure !!

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What the question or problem should be anyway here goes. Trying to put music on my iPad Air 2 not for the first time.
I always use the same PC with Windows 8.
when l plug it in it beeps twice, the PC has 4 USB ports this happens with them all.
I have used some pattern cables and 5 Apple cables,
these all work perfectly on normal iPhones.

Next, when the iPhones are plugged in iTunes l notice the charging or connection sign, using various cables or or USB sockets and l can put music on them no problem.

On the iPad this Sign is not there, using any cable or socket. However somehow the connection is there, because, l can move and click on apps etc on the PC and move them and my iPad is changed.

What's really weird is last night whilst trying again, l gave up, and synced this morning my "11" songs are gone.

Your gonna say l need to clean the port with a clean toothbrush, l know it, l will mess up my friend completely.

I have none now, back to the drawing board

:-(

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi people, now need to rack your brains. I've no idea what happened however today, although the charging sign didn't come on l was able to load my music. The iPad is still not charging in any of the
ports apparently, but it's % is higher than before.

Have a nice day or night

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Many laptop USB ports, especilly older ones, do not supply enough current to charge an iPad while it is on. Even when the iPad is off, chaging will be very slow.

Charge your iPad using the supplied charger (not an iPhone charger, which needs far less current) or use a USB port rated for at least 2A (amps).

Since the laptop is not supplying enough current to charge the iPad, make sure it has a good charge before trying to sync thorugh iTunes.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the info.
I did read on here that iTunes didn't work if the iPad had less than 50% charge so l always make sure it's loaded when l do a backup.
Being honest this problem is mainly mine, l just seem to get confused about which button to click on, no matter how many different videos I watch. Reading the comments below the videos l know l'm not alone [emoji27]

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Once upon a time I could have helped more, but it has been almost two years since I've used iTunes for more than the occational backup; usually in preparation for a major iOS update. I still own a lot of music, but with Apple Music there is almost never a reason to bother figuring out what files I own, and which ones are just part of the subscription.

I could probably figure out how to use it again if I had to, but I don't, and I like it better that way.

Heck, I barely use the iMac anymore, and I like that too. Well, most of the time.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not for one moment saying l figured it out, but l'm happy to have my old time Reggae Downloads back.

One last question, has an expert maybe you can help in plain talk.

Yesterday I kept losing the iPad view from the screen on the PC and didn't know how to get it back.

The only way for me was to pull the plug and start again.

Just like l'd pressed something wrong again

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know of anything that would cause that for sure, but here are a few random ideas.

Some laptops will time out USB ports when they are on battery power. There should be a setting to prevent this. I have no experience with this. I just saw it mentioned on an unrelated forum a couple days ago.

Make sure the cable you are using is good. Wiggle tests are good.

Make sure neither the laptop nor iPad is going to sleep durring the connection.

Good luck.

OP
brixtonboy

brixtonboy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny that, there is no battery in the PC it's always connected to mains power, the "wiggle" test is ok.
And the iPad is set to "never" in auto-lock.

Oh the PC never Sleeps, yes l know not good for the screen and all that, but the movement disturbs me.

Most reactions

Latest posts