What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

charging issues

dmanero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Has any one experience this problem. and any ideas on how I can fix this.

I have plugged in my iPad into a usb 2.0 socket and it sync's up with itunes but will not charge. Now this is the same cable and socket that I use to charge my iPhone which runs fine. I'm running Windows XP.

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

OP
D

dmanero

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
being there done that. On my motherboard I have 4 usb 2.0 outlets. tried all 4 and same result

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
being there done that. On my motherboard I have 4 usb 2.0 outlets. tried all 4 and same result

Maybe your not understanding.

the ipad needs a HIGH POWER usb 2.0 port in order to charge at full speed. If your USB port and computer motherboard dont give out enough power it wont charge at full speed. It will only charge slowly while the ipad is in sleep mode.

You can check the computer manufactures website and see if they have an updated bios or drivers that support the higher power the iPad requires. If not than you just have to charge it slowly while in sleep mode or plug it into the wall.

Balibe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
being there done that.

Did you even look at the article? It explained everything!

Thanks Mike for spelling this out for him, it a shame it has to be done for some that don't even take the time to review the information provided to them.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I used to wear an olive drab uniform and got paid to be shot at, we had a saying, "When all else fails, RTFM!"

battery.jpg

grngurrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Csquid

If it helps - I was having the same trouble. My iPad would not charge from my HP laptop when I used the cable that come with the iPad. A friend of mine told me about a new USB charging cable called the Csquid. It worked great - allowing me to charge in a "green" mode or I can use it as a datasync cable. I found it at Amazon. - just search for "Csquid".

I also found some more info about it at the website for Agreenc.

(It won't let me post the link here, since this is my first posting...)

rahaal2004

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:)I can solve this problem, there is one program that needs to install in your computer that make the USB to work and charging your IPad.I tried and it is working in my computer and charging my IPad at this time I am a way from my computer when I reach there I will give the name of this program it is free.

thank,

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think some of you are making this much more complicated than it needs to be! Why not use the charger that came with the iPad?

Most reactions

Latest posts