What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not charging

Vett

iPF Novice
Reaction score
New iPad 7. 2 weeks old will not charge. I hav tried different outlets, chargers, cords even tried the USB on my desk top.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Force restart your device - press and hold Home and Power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears. As soon as it‘s visible, let go of both buttons.

Also make sure the iPad‘s charging port is clean.

DFU mode might help as well:
How Do I Put An iPad In DFU Mode? Here's The Fix!
Make sure there‘s a most recent backup before putting your iPad into DFU mode.

If that doesn‘t help either, contact Apple, or take your device to the next Apple Store.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
New iPad 7. 2 weeks old will not charge. I hav tried different outlets, chargers, cords even tried the USB on my desk top.

Hello - if Johann's advice does not help, then your iPad is still under warranty (regardless of whether you bought AppleCare) - if possible, take to the nearest Apple store for an assessment, i.e. you might need a replacement? If not near an Apple store, consult an authorized Apple dealer (Best Buy is now in that sphere) or give Apple a call. Good luck and let us know. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts