What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not able to attach any attachments in Safari on IPAD2, attachment icon greyed out

anandsunka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I brought new Ipad2 with 3G+Wifi. I am not able to attach any attachment while sending mails like in yahoo, rediff in safari on Ipad2.
Attachment icon greyed out.

Next issue is not able to submit threads in Microsoft Forums (social.technet.microsoft.com) forums, When I click on submit option it do nothing.

Any help really appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards
Anand S

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think the quick answer on attachments is that you have to go the file you wish to email and press on it. You will see various options, including option to email. Press that option and it should carry you back to an email with the file attached.

OP
A

anandsunka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Parrori1,

Trying to send mails from Ipad2 by attaching word, excel docs as attachments but attachment icon is greyed out, I can send attachment of jpeg files by selecting JPEG & options send by email but I cannot attach when I reply or when I want to send word, doc files.

Thanks & Regards
Anand S

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Parrori1,

Trying to send mails from Ipad2 by attaching word, excel docs as attachments but attachment icon is greyed out, I can send attachment of jpeg files by selecting JPEG & options send by email but I cannot attach when I reply or when I want to send word, doc files.

Thanks & Regards
Anand S

I checked my ipad and the only word doc I have saved is in Evernote app. If i highlight the document in Evernote and click on the (unnamed) compose or share icon down at bottom of page, I get 4 options- one of which is email.

When you press on your document look for the icon that looks like the compose icon in your email. I dont know what its real name is.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know due to a lack of docs

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you are using an email web site via Safari. You are going to have a tough time sending attachments that way. Safari doesn't support uploading files, for reasons I'll not get into here. You might be able to use iCab Mobile. It does support uploads for most sites, but you have to copy the attachments to its folders first (with the exception of pictures).

Another option if you want to use web mail instead of the Mail app, get DropBox. Upload your attachments using the DropBox app, generate share links, and paste them into your email. Some apps can save directly to DropBox, others can copy files to it using Open In. If those don't work there are other tricks to getting files into DropBox. Search or ask if you've got an app not covered in the first two possibilities. Box.com can also work for this, and better with some apps (like Pages, Numbers, and Keynote).

Or you can add your account to Mail and use it when sending attachments. That may be necessary anyway, since most apps that dont' support DropBox directly can send their files as attachments, but they do it through your default Mail account.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts