What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari Mail-How to log out?

KS Gopal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any provision to log out of Safari Mail account? I need to add another Gmail account.I need to use this a/c sometimes and as such log out option is required.:)
Thanks

Sent from my Ipad2 Wifi 3G 32GB

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you mean the native Mail app?

If so, you can add more than one GMail account under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.

Tapping the MailBox icon at the top left of the mail list (in landscape view) you will go back to a list of Inboxes and Accounts. Using this you can switch between your GMail accounts instead of seeing it all at once.

If you are talking about using GMail in Safari, then you should see your email account name below the mail list. Tap on this for options to sign in and out of accounts. You can even be signed into more than one account at a time, and switch back and forth. At least I think you can. Only having one account I can not actually test this.

And then there is the GMail app in the App Store. It's similar to going to GMail in Safari feature wise, and has an explicit Sign In/Out button below the email list/column.

OP
K

KS Gopal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply with detailed instructions.
Yes.I meant the native mail app Safarimail. So,here I cannot logout/login just like Gmail on PC.
I have of course got Gmail app from app store and working fine.
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Glad you got it working.

Just to be clear, and to avoid future confusion,

there is no such thing as Safarimail.

Safari is the native web browser. When you go to most webmail sites (like Gmail or Yahoo) they detect that you are using a mobile browser and server up an interface optimized for tablets or phones; so at times it may act and look much like a mail app.

Mail is the native email app. You have to set up accounts in Settings. Never the twain shall meet.

Most reactions

Latest posts