What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-techies Rejoice

Dbolen888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Non-techies rejoice! The iPad is my wife’s first computer.
Previously, she could only operate a PC with much assistance.
She claims she’s technically-challenged. Whatever the case,
I’m astounded that Apple has been able to “lower the barâ€
so effectively.

I marvel seeing her pickup her iPad and “have at it.†I think
Apple would do well to put more emphasis on this quality of
its iPad – as if current sales records weren’t sufficient!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
very true. Apple has made things very simple and user friendly. People of all ages and computer knowledge can just pick up an iPad and start using it.

Like they say, "It Just Works".

Another thing I find is that most people I come across whom don't have much experience with using computers are actually scared that they will do something wrong to break the computer and stop it from working. You could hand an iPad to one of them and say, here use this and don't worry, you cant break it by doing something wrong.

Last edited:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another think I find is the most people that I come across that don't have much experience with using computers are actually scared that they will do something wrong to break the computer and stop it from working. You could hand an iPad to one of them and say, here use this and don't worry, you cant break it by doing something wrong.

this is the one type of post i love to read ..your sir have it hit on the head ..for the average computer use is basic websurfing to basic printing of the documents along with the kids who are useing them for school and social interaction with the other kids of there age group..

CaptKirk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, these are good stories,, it fantastic to year your wife is enjoying her new computing experience with the iPad.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And as peace falls on the bridge of the Enterprise, CaptKirk heaves a sigh of relief.........

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read today about a local Seniors Computer Introduction Class featuring the iPad at a Sylvan Learning Centre. It is only twenty dollars. While I've used computers for years (I am a senior) I am tempted to go just to see how it is presented.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To be honest Holly those sort of classes can be very hit and miss.
Better to just play with it, gain confidence and ask here if you have any problems.
That said the social side may be fun :)

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
I read today about a local Seniors Computer Introduction Class featuring the iPad at a Sylvan Learning Centre. It is only twenty dollars. While I've used computers for years (I am a senior) I am tempted to go just to see how it is presented.
Yeah I think its always a good idea. I went to apples free ipad training workshop. Not because I didn't know how to work the ipad but because it can be good for all users even experts. Yes you may know a lot of it already but there are those 2 or 3 things that you will learned that one of the others in the group or the person instructing has found that you haven't.

Example: Tripple finger, double tap. and Triple, Finger double tap hold and scroll up. This is a feature that is meant for the visually impaired to zoom in on anything on the screen, but someone did it my accident and didn't know what was happening. They thought the screen was out of alignment or something.

Jersey girl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
Yeah I think its always a good idea. I went to apples free ipad training workshop. Not because I didn't know how to work the ipad but because it can be good for all users even experts. Yes you may know a lot of it already but there are those 2 or 3 things that you will learned that one of the others in the group or the person instructing has found that you haven't.

Example: Tripple finger, double tap. and Triple, Finger double tap hold and scroll up. This is a feature that is meant for the visually impaired to zoom in on anything on the screen, but someone did it my accident and didn't know what was happening. They thought the screen was out of alignment or something.

Hi, I want to get the iPad for my mother who is viably impaired. Is there an app to make anything larger? For example, I cannot make this conversation larger... Or can I? Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:

Hi, I want to get the iPad for my mother who is viably impaired. Is there an app to make anything larger? For example, I cannot make this conversation larger... Or can I? Thank you for any guidance you can give me.

Settings-Accessibility Turn "Zoom" and "Large Text" on. You can also turn on "Speak Auto-text" and "VoiceOver".

Most reactions

Latest posts