What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-Magnetic Case?

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: I am looking for a case for my IPad Air 2 that has a folding cover, similar to the Apple case, but does not have the magnets in the cover...I find that the magnetic cover tends to interfere with several of the compass apps that I have been trying to use...Was driving me crazy until I figured it out...I have looked at many of the "tough" cases, but I don't really want that much bulk added to the IPad, and they do not seem to have folding covers without magnets! Suggestions are appreciated!

Steve

OP
LTCSZ

LTCSZ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi: I am looking for a case for my IPad Air 2 that has a folding cover, similar to the Apple case, but does not have the magnets in the cover...I find that the magnetic cover tends to interfere with several of the compass apps that I have been trying to use...Was driving me crazy until I figured it out...I have looked at many of the "tough" cases, but I don't really want that much bulk added to the IPad, and they do not seem to have folding covers without magnets! Suggestions are appreciated!

Steve
Any ideas out there?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The question is too broad. Everyone can give you their favorite case, but unless how you use your iPad is similar there's no way of knowing if it would be a good match. Even then it's a matter of taste and tradeoffs.

So, how do you intend to use the iPad, and what do you intend to use it for? A sturdy case is useful if you're going to cary it around a lot. A light case is enough if it's going to stay home, inside and mostly above carpet. If you're going to use it for cooking, then a case that acts as a stable standard and protects the screen from splatter might be nice. If you expect to do lots of typing you might want a case with a keyboard, or not.

I suggest you bang around Amazon looking at the types of cases available, then ask again when you have a general kind of case you are interested in.

Not that I'm likely to help much. I just get Apple's case. It's enough for me, and avoids all that painful decision making. :)

Charlie Fox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look on eBay there are heaps, I don't like the clip on ones we all (5) use leather, $6-10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts