What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple cover for mini is horrible

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchased the apple tri-fold cover. The magnets do not hold well.
I have had the magnets let go several times almost letting my mini slide off the
Table. Has anyone found a similar cover with stronger magnets? I would not recommend
Anyone purchasing the Apple cover.

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Look at products from Joy Factory. I have had one for my iPad for the past year and it has worked flawlessly. It also adds good protection with out adding much weight. They have products and different styles for all devices. The products are reasonably priced.

☮♥

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought this 360 degree one off Ebay . . . . . . . . . . iPad mini 360 Degree Rotating Stand PU Leather Case Protector Stylus For Apple | eBay . . . . . $T2eC16d,!)cE9s4Pu,wBBR9R7EvBzg~~60_12.JPG Only £4.15 inc postage to UK at present, and I imagine if you live elsewhere you could find a similar good deal

Last edited:
OP
D

duane518

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I do have another good cover for it that works great, but it makes the mini about three times
As thick. I like the concept of the Apple cover because of how thin it is. However the magnets just let go to easily.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd take a look at the Roocase portfolio for the Mini. I have it on my Mini and as you've already experienced, it's a lot safer for the device. It's full body as well so that's a plus. However, the one thing that the smart cover excels at that many portfolio cases for the iPad Mini does not is that they cover the sides of the screen, so sometimes it can be frustrating to tap on something at the edge of the screen in portrait. In landscape, it's just fine, no complaints there. It also comes with a stylus sleeve as well, so if you have a stylus or if you want to carry a pen with the device, you can. There're also 2 pockets on the front cover that you can slip some papers in.

Most reactions