What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Update - FREE Cydia Tweak

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This little tweak has been mentioned all over the forums since the release of 5.1. You simply install it and from that point forwards you are protected from "accidentally" choosing the OTA (Over the Air) update for IOS on your iPad via Settings > General > Software Update. Nice and simple.

Here's a couple of screenies of "No Update" in action...

5ac9c188.jpg
052bc056.jpg

NOTE - This tweak does not protect you from installing an update via iTunes when your iPad is connected to your PC, so take care there too! :D

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have the tweak installed .. set it on at "show its installed" and "show progress" ... but i never got the notification as shown in your screen shot .. does it mean the tweak dont work on mine ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This tweak was updated a couple of days ago (maybe even only yesterday). Maybe you have the old version? Cause my iPad and iPhone both showed this "working like a charm" status (just ran iPhone while typing this...).

Marilyn

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine is the 1.2 version .. i've just looked at cydia and there was no update for the tweak .. oh well ..

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
did a reboot .. clicked setting ..clicked software update .. and .... "work like a charm" ... !! ..

sorry folks .. and thnx marilyn ...

nonlao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
This little tweak has been mentioned all over the forums since the release of 5.1. You simply install it and from that point forwards you are protected from "accidentally" choosing the OTA (Over the Air) update for IOS on your iPad via Settings > General > Software Update. Nice and simple.

Here's a couple of screenies of "No Update" in action...

NOTE - This tweak does not protect you from installing an update via iTunes when your iPad is connected to your PC, so take care there too! :D

Non

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apparently version 1.2 of the JB disables over the air updates.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts