What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Tethered Hulu.....WTF!!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so check this out. WiFi at work is getting really slow today so I decided I would tether to my Droid and watch what I was watching...I've done it with Air Video and Netflix. I log in to Hulu it starts loading then dumps back to the title screen!!! Somehow Hulu is blocking me from viewing content over my droid as a Wifi hotspot! How??? I mean I understand that on PS3 it doesn't work because of the browser but how do they determine where the data is coming from??

Seems really messed up tho since I'm paying for the service...it's none of their damn business where the data comes from. Or is Verizon somehow blocking that sight from loading content?

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh and it seems if you close the screen or leave the app and resume the video you have to sit thru another ad.....the free version doesn't even do that!!

smilepak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hulu blocks droid after droid got flash installed in android 2.2

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm, seems like you get another commercial if you pause a video too.

So basically you have to pay for the service and you get 4x more commercials....great.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
It very easy for them to block the droid. just check what network your IP is for, if its not att they can just block it.

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think im going to cancel....so far it is seriously not worth it. I was struggling to watch quantum leap....I checked Netflix and its on there! Commercial free and it works with my droid.

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Further problems as follows, sound cuts out, forcing you to resume the video and playing another ad....its pretty ridiculous.

Paying monthly you shouldn't have any ads to begin with....but all the damn time is really annoying.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why do they play commercials if they are charging you? They are not like a cable provider so what is their premise for this?

Temp40

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tabletbuzzblog.com
that doesn't seem right, usually the whole purpose of paying for such a service is to remove the unwanted ads and be able to view videos without interruption

Most reactions

Latest posts