What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound on my ipad

daisy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me? The sound on my iPad has gone? It is fine when it comes to receiving a face time call but as for games, videos etc it's just disappeared. Sometimes it will appear out of nowhere for 10 seconds then it can be gone for days? Any advice pease?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I've read that sometimes the sound goes off if your battery runs out or you turn phone off then take headphones out, which is why the first question I asked is when you turn volume up or down, does it say headphones on the volume display, this can sometimes be corrected by blowing into the headphone socket and then putting the headphones in and out about 6 or 7 times to try and reset the headphone toggle switch.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Daisy, pity about that warranty. That Mr. Sod can be a real sod If the Rambler's advice has not fixed it, this may help, not sure.
A) Settings>General>Sounds... Is the Sound slider on?
B) Do a system reset, which iPad recommends should be done periodically, to clean up RAM etc., like this (sorry if you already tried)
Simultaneously hold down both the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both, ignore any On slider, until the Apple logo appears. Then let both buttons go and wait, could be a while, until your wallpaper appears, then slide to On.
Hoping that helps
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
D

daisy123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do I go about doing a system re-test please?

mark whitaker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I hope someone can help me? The sound on my iPad has gone? It is fine when it comes to receiving a face time call but as for games, videos etc it's just disappeared. Sometimes it will appear out of nowhere for 10 seconds then it can be gone for days? Any advice pease?

There's a toggle switch next to the volume controll, ti switches in game sounds and a few other sounds off.when ti shows a red dot it's off.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I go about doing a system re-test please?

Here's a picture of the 2 buttons you need to hold down first and the instructions to reset your iPad.

by2a6y7e.jpg

Have a go It will sweeten up your iPad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions