What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No sound at all

Dhani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So Idk what happened by while I was listening to music on my iPad 2 the audio cut out. There is no onscreen volume controls, my side buttons don't work, no app audio, I'm not even getting the tap feedback while typing. I've already rebooted, restored, clear all personal settings, and yet when I open music there is no volume control in the top right, there is no volume control in the area after double tapping the home button and flicking to the left. I know the speaker works because in settings under general>sounds I can adjust the volume of my notifications and that works just fine, but otherwise there is nothing, not even through headphones, which I was using when the issue started.

OP
D

Dhani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And The very first thing I tried waste mute switch. I changed its function to landscape/portrait lock and it still has zero effect on the situation.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like the iPad thinks the sound is going out on the Port's pins. Get a magnifier and a light to look for damage or debris.

If there is debris, be very, very, very, (one more very) careful about removing it. If the port is not already damaged, you don't want to finish the job.

OP
D

Dhani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like the iPad thinks the sound is going out on the Port's pins. Get a magnifier and a light to look for damage or debris.

If there is debris, be very, very, very, (one more very) careful about removing it. If the port is not already damaged, you don't want to finish the job.

I can get the audio to play as long as its in the dock. I don't even have to have the dock plugged into the wall, just the iPad into the dock. Any idea how to fix that.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Dhani said:
I can get the audio to play as long as its in the dock. I don't even have to have the dock plugged into the wall, just the iPad into the dock. Any idea how to fix that.

I can't think of anything you have not already done, short of contacting Apple.

Most reactions